Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pop Culture


How myself have changed since I have been in the U.S?


I have some revelations about popular culture. Popular culture can easily influence people’s behavior, and sometimes it can change the cultural identity of an area. I am not immune to American popular culture. I can be influenced easily. I have enjoyed rap music more and more since I came to America.  And I have attended a lot of parties which I barely did in my hometown since I lived in Chicago. In America, people usually half-naked when they are jogging or walking. That is what I couldn’t accept. Because I might feel uncomfortable if I half-naked in the public (except when I am swimming).




What I have become aware of since taking this class?

Popular culture is very different with high culture. For example, McDonald’s is a popular culture. Because it may disappear in the future. It just a popular culture in a period of time. Shakespeare plays are high culture because hundreds of years have passed, it still very important in our society. People can hardly forget it. It can last forever.
Nowadays, it is very important to study popular culture for all the people. Because if you are a student, it can help you to learn a lot of latest trends when you studying popular culture. It can expand your knowledge. It can help you become more popular in the school. And the most important thing is that it can inspire your creation. Maybe you can find out some new ideas when you studying popular culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment